When it matters most, our team of experienced, dedicated attorneys is here to help.
- Family Law
- Real Property
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
Judith Ellenthal joined the law firm of Cacace, Tusch & Santagata in 2001. She practices primarily in the areas of family law, real estate and estate planning.
Judy initially focused on family law and the challenge of guiding others through the divorce, custody and post-judgment process. “Minimizing the damage to family is a critical and a constant goal,” she says. To help make divorces more civil, she became a member of the Fairfield County Collaborative Law Group. She also volunteers at Stamford Superior Court’s Family Law Volunteer Program, as well as a court appointed special master. She has also volunteered at YWCA Domestic Abuse Services in order to help women cope with the intricacies of the legal system. Judy has completed all the requirements by the state of Connecticut for appointment as a Guardian ad Litem and Attorney for the Minor Child. Judy was also instrumental in setting up a scholarship fund for recent female high school graduates in Fairfield County. It was funded by a woman who went to college long before members of her sex were encouraged to do so.
Judy has been actively involved in the real estate bar, not only as a past Co-Chair but often as a presenter at the bar seminars and at many in-house seminars for the local real estate broker’s offices. She was on the real estate committee that revised the current Fairfield County Real Estate Bar Contract.
Judy has been a presenter for the National Business Institute since 1999 and has lectured on Family Law and Probate Law. She taught family law as an adjunct professor at the Stamford branch of the University of Connecticut.
Additionally, she has been proud to serve as chairperson of the Ballet School of Stamford’s board of directors, a non-profit organization devoted to offering excellent ballet training to students.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1984
- University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- M.A. - 1983
- Major: Urban-Suburban Administration
- Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
- B.A. - 1962
- Major: History
- Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- Recipient, YWCA BRAVA Award
Classes & Seminars
- Family Law and Probate Law, National Business Institute, 1999 to Present
- Adjunct Professor, Family Law, University of Connecticut, 2006 to 2009
- Ballet School of Stamford,Board of Directors, President , 2003 to Present
- Volunteer at the Greenwich YMCA Dmoestic Abuse Service, Present
- Stamford Superior Court's Family Law Volunteer Program, Present
- Rapaport & Ellenthal, P.C., Partner, 1988 to 2002
- Ellenthal & Brodie, Partner, 1984 to 1988
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Fairfield County Regional Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section, Co-Chairperson
- Fairfield County Regional Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member