Family Court And Family Law
Do you need legal representation in family court? We’re by your side – in the courtroom and beyond.
At Cacace, Tusch & Santagata, we pride ourselves on being responsive to our clients’ needs. We believe that when you have retained an attorney from our Connecticut law firm, you will have access to that attorney. We will return your calls promptly and you will be able to talk to your attorney when you need our assistance. This is especially important when a client is dealing with the delicate and emotional issues associated with divorce, child custody and other family court disputes. Our responsiveness and resources allow us to successfully handle high-asset and high-conflict cases.
Family law attorneys: Michelle Malone, Judith Ellenthal, Paul Tusch
Are you seeking collaborative law or mediation to resolve a family law dispute?
Family law cases can be resolved through an adversarial process in family court or through collaborative law or mediation. The lawyers at Cacace, Tusch & Santagata in Stamford, Connecticut, are highly adept at using various methods to reach favorable solutions to their clients’ family law concerns. We pursue effective resolutions to divorce, financial issues, custody disputes, domestic violence and many other family law controversies through whatever means is best suited to the situation.
Our attorneys are trained to use collaborative law, mediation and litigation to obtain the best possible results for our clients. We employ the method that is most advisable for each client’s individual circumstances to work out settlement agreements regarding property division, child support, child custody and alimony.
If a settlement agreement cannot be reached, we can take your case to trial in family court. Our firm can aggressively undertake complex property division issues involving pensions, investments, business valuation, and real estate.
Legal advice for all aspects of family law, from growing your family to making a fresh start.
Whether you’re looking to protect your assets as you begin life with a new partner, negotiate a divorce settlement, or settle a custody dispute, our family law practice is equipped to meet your legal needs. Cacace, Tusch & Santagata handles family cases in areas that include:
- Divorce: Our attorneys are trained to use whatever methods are most advisable to work out settlement agreements that protect your assets and custody rights – from collaborative law or mediation, to litigating your divorce case in family court.
- Dissolution of civil unions: Our firm can represent people who are involved in same-sex civil unions and who want to end the relationship, or whose partners are seeking to end the relationship.
- Domestic violence resolution: Whether related to divorce proceedings or as an independent matter, we handle domestic violence issues and protective orders. Our attorneys can work with the court and police to restore security to your life.
- Prenuptial agreements: We can assist you in the preparation of a prenuptial agreement that protects marital and nonmarital property, and sets limits on alimony in the event of a divorce or death.
- Post-judgment modification and enforcement: If an ex-spouse has failed to comply with a divorce judgment, Cacace, Tusch & Santagata can help you to enforce outstanding orders relating to child support, alimony, property division, custody or visitation. We can also work with you to secure a modification of an existing family court order should your circumstances change due to loss of income, illness or other factors.
- Paternity disputes: Determining the paternity of a child can affect child support, visitation and child custody. Our firm handles paternity proceedings on behalf of fathers and mothers, and can answer any questions you may have regarding paternity tests, DNA testing and other issues.
- Counsel for minor children: Our attorneys have been appointed by the Connecticut family court to act as special counsel to minor children, and as guardians ad litem to minor children in cases in which custody is in dispute. In these capacities, we act as advocates for minor children and represent their best interests.
Contact Cacace, Tusch & Santagata in Stamford, Connecticut
Cacace, Tusch & Santagata provides legal advice to clients across Connecticut for issues that include Stamford zoning regulations, estate planning, and much more. Need a real estate lawyer, personal injury lawyer, or have questions on criminal law or business law? Cacace, Tusch & Santagata covers it all – contact us at 203-327-2000 today!